A "Locked Brummell Splice" may be made, using only one end of the rope, in
most soft Hollow Braids, or "Cover Only" constructions using the following splice procedure:
1) From end of rope measure back 1-1/4 full fid lengths (see Fid Measurement Table) and make Mark "A".
Measure Eye size from A. to B.
Using masking tape place a wrap of tape (2”) on the end of the core tail.
Taper this by cutting the end at a 45 degree angle.
2) Pass end through Center of rope at Mark A.
3) Pull end up tight
4) Pull end hard to roll “inside-out” at Mark A.
5) Now pass end through center of rope at Mark B. (in same direction as before).
6) Pull A all the way thru and pull tight
7) You now have points A.&B. rolled inside-out.
8) Now Un - Roll point A. working rope up and through point A. in direction shown.
9) Pull point B. all the way through A.
10) Now Un-roll Point B. working short end up & through Point B. , in direction shown.
11) Pull short end up -while pulling the standing end down as shown.
12) Continue to close-up locked Brummell Splice
13) Finally, bury tail into standing end.